An Ingress XM Anomaly Event is a series of free Ingress events that you play as a team with other local and visiting players against the other faction. These events are for Ingress players of all levels and last approximately 5 - 6 hours including 3-4 hours of walking/biking gameplay. Some events may have a social meetup at the end. In addition, your faction may plan pre and post Anomaly faction-only events. If you’d like to get in contact with your faction in advance to see how you can help contribute, please contact your local faction representative listed here to coordinate further on or off site activities after you register to attend with Niantic.
By purchasing or obtaining a ticket or attending an Ingress event, you agree to be bound by the Ingress Event Terms and Conditions, located here. Please carefully read the Ingress Event Terms and Conditions and, if after reading, you find that you cannot or will not agree to any terms or conditions therein, do not purchase or obtain a ticket or attend an Ingress event.
Yes; your friend must bring a copy of your printed receipt with them to the event. However, unless you coordinated with your city’s faction POC to receive an off-site medal, you will not be eligible for a medal if you do not hack the registration Portal in person and get your ticket scanned.
If someone is picking up your supporter kit for you, please remind them to check your supporter kit to ensure it contains all items BEFORE leaving the registration area. Unfortunately, we’re not able to replace items claimed missing after you leave the registration area.
On-site participants will be automatically pushed a medal shortly after the event is complete. To be eligible to receive a medal you must (1) register for the event with Niantic, (2) check-in at the event with a Niantic employee or authorized agent in person, AND (3) hack the registration Portal located near registration.
You can find a link to your city’s event on the official event site.
Off-site support participants who performed at least one of the following roles are eligible:
- Providing Intel operator services
- Involved in decoding Anomaly Intel
- Involved with organized Portal recharging
Remote support players must coordinate with their faction POC in advance to determine the specific eligibility criteria for each role. We are leaving it up to the POCs to define their thresholds as every city and faction is different. People that donate gear, “bat-phone”, and other roles are not eligible.
There is no need for Agents performing these roles to register with Niantic in advance to be eligible to receive the medal. For rechargers, Niantic will provide a list of Agent names and the amount of recharging each Agent performed during the Anomaly, by faction, to the faction POCs. Based only on that list, faction POCs will let Niantic know who is eligible for a remote recharger medal. We will be measuring any recharge activity that is performed on a Portal in the Anomaly playbox during the event from the start to the end of the last measurement window only.
Faction POCs will also provide Niantic with a list of eligible Agents providing Intel operator and decoding Anomaly Intel services.
Remote support players must coordinate with their faction POC in advance to determine the eligibility criteria. Medals for off-site participants will be pushed to scanners after the POC submits their remote participation list. POCs have one to three weeks to submit their off-site list to Niantic.
- If you have not received your medal for onsite participation within one month after the event, but did attend and complete all three steps required, please submit a request for support with your ticket order. Include the location of the event you're attending (i.e., the city), your order number if applicable, your Ingress Agent name, and a description of your issue (missing in-app medal).
- If you have not received your medal for off-site/remote participation, please check with your POC first to see if the off-site list with your name has been submitted to Niantic. Niantic will not be able to research missing medal requests until all POC lists have been received, which may take up to three weeks.
- On-site participation is defined as an Agent who will physically be present on the day of the event, interacting and playing Ingress within the predefined game area.
- Off-site participation is defined as those who contribute remote support the day of the event but are not physically present in the predefined game area.
- Those who do not have the ability to participate either On-Site or Off-site but wish to purchase a Supporter Kit as a collectible item and have someone pick it up for them should select the Supporter Kit Purchase Only ticket option.
Please check your supporter kit BEFORE you leave the registration area to ensure that it contains all items. If someone is picking up your supporter kit for you, please remind them to check your kit for you. Unfortunately, we’re not able to replace items claimed missing after you leave the registration area.
Submit a request with your ticket order if you mistyped your email address or Agent name.
When the final list of special guest attendees has been verified, we will update the corresponding event pages.
Teams are assigned via Enlightened and Resistance faction only signup pages. Niantic is not responsible for organizing or placing Agents on teams. You can find your anomaly’s team signup pages at this link.
Please submit a request for support with your ticket order. Include the location of the event you're attending (i.e., the city), your order number if applicable, your Ingress Agent name, and a description of your question/issue.
Please only ask questions related to event orders, we cannot answer questions related to GORUCK, your gameplay, game mechanics, anomaly rules, reporting players, or scanner technical issues.