An Ingress XM Anomaly Event is a series of free Ingress events that you play as a team with other local and visiting players against the other faction. These events are for Ingress players of all levels and last approximately 5 - 6 hours including 3-4 hours of walking/biking gameplay and may have a social meetup at the end. In addition, your faction may plan pre and post Anomaly faction-only events.
By purchasing or obtaining a ticket or attending an Ingress event, you agree to be bound by the Ingress Event Terms and Conditions, located here. Please carefully read the Ingress Event Terms and Conditions and, if after reading, you find that you cannot or will not agree to any terms or conditions therein, do not purchase or obtain a ticket or attend an Ingress event.
For Anomaly cities:
- Onsite participants will be required to register online with a correctly spelled agent name, check in at the event and hack a special registration portal onsite. You will be pushed a badge shortly after the event. Only those checked in on site with a Niantic employee or authorized agent in person will be pushed badges.
You can find a link to your city’s event on the official event site.
XM Anomaly in-app medals are only available to off-site support participants who:
- Ordered a paid supporter kit to be picked up for them or registered for a free ticket in advance or on the day of the event; AND
- Whose role was at least one of the following coordinated with their POC in advance:
- Intel operator
- Involved with fielding
- Involved with the movement of shards/artifacts
- Involved with decoding puzzles and clues
Remote support players must coordinate with their faction POC in advance to determine the eligibility criteria. Medals for off-site participants will be pushed to scanners after the POC submits their remote participation list. POCs have one to three weeks to submit their off-site list to Niantic. Medals Registrations made after the event will not accepted as valid.
If you have not received your medal for off-site/remote participation, please check with your POC first to see if the off-site list with your name has been submitted to Niantic. Niantic will not be able to research missing medal requests until all POC lists have been received which may take up to three weeks.
- On-site participation is defined as an Agent who will physically be present on the day of the event interacting and playing Ingress within the predefined game area.
- Off-site participation is defined as those who contribute remote support the day of the event but are not physically present in the predefined game area.
- Those who do not have the ability to participate either On-Site or Off-site but wish to purchase a Supporter Kit as a collectible item and have someone pick it up for them should select the Supporter Kit Purchase Only option from the participant question on the order form.
Remember, Agents who do not pick up their supporter kit in person will not receive a medal card.
Please check your supporter kit BEFORE you leave the registration area to ensure that it contains all items. If someone is picking up your supporter kit for you, please remind them to check your kit for you. Unfortunately, we’re not able to replace items claimed missing after you leave the registration area.
Submit a request with your ticket order if you mistyped your email address or Agent name.
When the final list of special guest attendees has been verified, we will update the corresponding event pages.
Teams are assigned via Enlightened and Resistance team signup pages. You can find your anomaly’s team signup pages at this link.
Please submit a request for support with your ticket order. Include the location of the event you're attending (i.e., the city), your order number if applicable, your Ingress Agent name, and a description of your question/issue.