Create a Link
Creating Links between Portals is a key step toward creating Control fields to earn Mind Units and AP. To create a link between two Portals, the following conditions must apply:
- Both the Origin and Destination Portals of the Link must have all eight Resonators deployed on each portal.
- Each of the eight Resonators must be above the Critical XM health level.
- The agent must hold the Portal Key for the Destination Portal in their inventory.
- The Destination Portal must be within the distance range of the origin Portal, as determined by the overall level of the origin Portal.
- The link you wish to create must not cross any other link.
To establish the Link:
- Stand next to the origin Portal.
- Touch the origin Portal in the Scanner view.
- Touch the LINK button in the Portal details view.
- Touch a highlighted Portal in the Scanner view; or
- Open the carousel of Portal Keys from the side of the Scanner view, and select a particular Portal Key for the destination Portal.
Touch CONFIRM to establish the Link.
Create a Control Field
Link three portals together to form a triangular field, a “Control Field," which captures the underlying population for your faction.